Climate Change – Sensible Tory Stance At Last, Maybe
For the record Aardvark does believe in Climate Change, it’s just not the man made variety supported by the junk science of Michael Mann, Phil Jones and an Indian Railway Engineer masquerading as a scientist. Repetitively repeated by the regimes of Barack Obama and Gordon Brown as “settled science” and “so many days to save the world” Copenhagen showed up the whole Climate Change Scam for what it was: a method of giving our money to third world dictators to stuff their Swiss bank accounts with. You may think the likes of Hugo Chavez and Robert Mugabe deserve our money, please respect Aardvark’s right to disagree.
The problem facing Dave and Little Nicky is that they signed up to the AGW scam when it was trendy and pre Climategate still believable to the gullible and easily led.
Now the music has stopped, industry and wealth destroying taxes have been dropped in the USA and most notably in Australia where leading member of the Church of Climatology Kevin Rudd was culled by his party as soon as Climate Change polices became a net vote loser.
Dave while not only being the natural heir apparent to Tony Blair, also has that stupid micro wind turbine on his roof and Little Nicky has Chris Huhne doing his Jiminy Cricket on Anthropogenic Global Warming so it’s not easy to see how they can get off the socialist wealth redistribution roller coaster they signed up for in the first place.
There is a glimmer of hope though with this piece from Tim Montgomerie on Conservative Home:
* Global warming IS happening* but because of immature technologies and a lack of international will we can’t do much about it.
* Measures to reduce our carbon footprint should be pursued but only if they achieve other objectives, particularly reducing household bills (via better energy conservation) or more security of electricity supply (by building nuclear as well as fossil fuel-powered generating capacity).
* The priority of policymakers should be to help the third world to become richer so that they can tackle their immediate life and death challenges and also, where necessary, have the wealth to deal with extreme weather.
* In the meantime we should ensure a level playing field between energy sources and that should involve a levelling down, not up, of subsidies.
* I would say that natural forces may be dominant in this.
That makes good sense as a policy and does not involve a Green hair shirt self-flagellation existence and might just help those in energy poverty and industry, nowhere does it make mention of wealth redistribution.
Posted on August 9, 2010, in Anthropogenic Global Warming, Church Of Climatology, Climategate, Conservative, Fear, Green Taxation, IPCC, ManBearPig and tagged Anthropogenic Global Warming, Climate Change, Climategate, Conservative Party. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.